I'm not a big fan of long-drives but it's included on my "thing-to-do-before-you-die" list. So when the opportunity came for me to embark on this adventure, I half-heartedly whole-heartedly accepted the invitation. My hubby favored to drive home from Beaufort, South Carolina to San Gabriel, California since he got released from the marine base at Beaufort earlier than we both anticipated. We alloted 5 days of traveling for our 2,500 miles road trip but we actually got home in 4 days!
East-to-West coast
We didn't have enough time to get out of the car and leisurely pose at each destination, so I took most "scenic" pictures while we were driving. Here's a compilation of my snapshots from the passenger seat's point of view.
Beaufort, SC to Mobile, AL
The only photo I got from their downtown
Mobile, AL to New Orleans, LA
We encountered several storms along the way. When it rains, it pours like there's no tomorrow.
(I'm not sure if it's an east-coast norm, but everybody drives 75-80mph during stormy weather! Crazy!)
Several miles later... clear blue sky.
Welcome to New Orlean's Central Business District
On our way to the hotel
Le Pavillon Hotel
More Central business district street view
French Quarter
I wish we had the whole day to explore this eccentric town
I would go back just to experience Mardi Gras! Ha!
New Orleans, LA to Katy, TX
Sonic
The only picture I have en route Texas.
Katy, TX to San Gabriel, CA
We stayed in Texas over night then started the last leg of our trip Thursday night. With only an hour nap before the looooooong drive, I'm surprised we got home within 24 hours! We rotated driving every 3 to 4 hours (sometimes 5 to 6) and I loaded my system with caffeine.
Sunrise at New Mexico
Dessert...and moooorrreee dessert as far as the eye could see.
We finally crossed the California border!
Home at last with my hubby, and he's staying here for good!!!
He made my whole road trip experience extraordinary =)
Now I can check off Coast-to-coast road trip from my list!









No comments:
Post a Comment