Peruvian restaurant located along Colorada Blvd. in Pasadena (that building used to be Hooters).
I was hesitant to dine here at first because their Yelp review only garnered them 3.5 stars. But after I saw their decent lunch buffet selection (for only $9.95!) and the Zagat plaque display, I concluded it was safe to indulge on this new cuisine.
My first Peruvian smorgasbord was a delightful experience. I wanted to try all their dishes, hence my full plate :) I wish I took a snapshot of the buffet table because I can't remember the names of the dishes. (I can point out the bread roll and black beans though. ha!).
This is Plate No. 1
I tried to plate my food neatly so I can tell the difference between each dish.
Their cuisine is similar to Filipino food, very saucy and more on the salty side. They have Chicken Adobo!
The buffet selection is definitely NOT vegetarian friendly. Thank goodness im not a veggie anymore. haha. There's probably five meat dishes & two vegetarian dishes.
Plate No. 2
I swear, I tried everything on their buffet table! I'm still a newbie when it comes to real meat so I don't know how to rate it yet.
I saved some room for dessert (of course), they have small slices of chocolate cake included on the lunch buffet. The cake was very moist and not too sweet, it was the perfect ending for our superb meal.

No comments:
Post a Comment