I made a vow last year that I was gonna donate something I own for good cause. Since I don't like needles and I don't have good veins, donating blood was not an option. Kidney was not negotiable either. Ha. That's why I decided to let me hair grow and donate it to either Pantene Beautiful Lengths or Wigs for Kids.
Unlike donating blood which only last for minutes, prepping for hair donation is a looooooong process. Patience is a must. I've been trying to grow my hair for 2 years now and I'm still few inches short from their required length. Solely because they wont accept layered hair. And I have multiple layers. Darn.
And so I asked somebody at work to trim my hair just so i can get rid of some layers. (I also didn't want to pay $$ for a simple cut in a salon. Yes, im very cheap).
Maintaining long hair can be a pain sometimes. I consume more shampoo and drying it takes forever. (probably because I don't blow-dry... I don't have one). But the thought of donating it for a good cause makes it worthwhile.
I'm 3 to 4 more inches away from my goal :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:
great job sis! I'm so proud of you. :)
thanks :) least i can do. im not an avid blood donor like you. haha.
Post a Comment