Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Greek food + Book club

I always wanted to be part of a book club, ever since I was a kid. So I was thrilled when my very good friend, Samantha, started one late last year. There's six of us in the group (my hubby being the newly recruited member. Yay). We each picked a book for our reading list, then once a month our little book club meets. We just checked off "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini and "Brave New World" by A. Huxley from our list.

Now food plays an important role in our meetings. Good food just brings people together and makes this world a better place, right? We'll find any excuse just so we can have a feast, and a book club meeting is a legit reason to get our grub on. We try to come up with a theme for each meeting and last night's was Greek.

Below are some snapshots from our mini greek smorgasbord. I wish i can take credit for the yummy food but I'm not that great of a cook yet. I did prepare the Caprese Salad, experimented on Basil-Feta Vinaigrette and made the Feta cheese dip :)










- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: