As promised, here's the continuation from our dinner last Saturday
Scrumptious dinner prepared by our lovely and gracious host, Allison and Marc.
Cheese and Chocolate Fondue for dinner!
I was never a big fan of cheese while growing up. For me it tasted similar to milk and i loathed milk. It wasn't until my sister and I went to Spain for one summer, our host mom would prepare fresh brie and bread for breakfast or dinner. Brie was my cheese-love-at-first-sight (if that could ever be a term), and ever since then I indulged on trying out different kinds of cheese. I need tons of catching up since i've been cheese-deprived my whole childhood.
More food! Mediterranean Pasta Salad
More goodness from Samantha! Sundried Tomato and Basil cheese and I forgot the other one. (Will edit as soon as I remember the name).
Allison made this bruschetta and it was delish! yuumm, craving for one right now!
As much as I love cheese now, I'm still a sweet-tooth at heart. A meal needs to start and end with something sweet. I probably ate 50% of the food during dessert time. Haha. It would be a crime to ignore sweets.
Nutella- Peanut Butter Brownies. Allison baked them! isn't she just awesome?! She said it didn't taste how it's supposed to be, but I thought it was heavenly. Yes, I know I'm biased because of the peanut butter.
SaraLee Pound Cake. Soooooo yummy with the dark chocolate fondue.
See, we try to be healthy too. Fresh bananas!
Some of my favorite shots for that night. Allison, Gem and Samantha taking pictures of our meal. A "Photoshoot" before we devoured them. haha!
Moroccan Mint green tea (courtesy of Alli). We felt so bloated after stuffing ourselves with too much food so we drank hot tea (supposed to help with digestion?). I say so we can eat more! We sat down around dinner table for 5 hours, and we were.. or at least I was munching non-stop the whole time. Whatever was within my arm's reach, I ate it. And mind you, everything was an arm's length away.
Happy face
This is me after getting my cheese and chocolate fix.
Another saturday night-in filled delectable food, random conversation topics and much needed laughter. My kind of ladies-night =) Thanks again Ate Allison for hosting.
Till our next get-together!

3 comments:
aww! too sweet! :) your camera takes really good pix or maybe you just got skill now. haha!
p.s. the cheese was tomato basil havarti and pepperjack. i think?! we'll have another girls night in when you get back! remember our date for valentines day last year? wait, was that last year? hehe!
yummy! everything looks yummy! looks good taste even better i guess. ah..bes i think you just have a long arm that's why everything's was just an arm length. hehehe! miss u!
Post a Comment