Monday, April 19, 2010

Daily Devotional

My hubby gave me a devotional book for my birthday. I've been searching for "the perfect" devotional for the past few months and now I have it! I'm grateful that he knows where I am in my spiritual journey, the book mirrors my current outlook in life. The stories and life lessons from this devotional is something I can truly take to heart and allow the inspiring vibes linger to create a positive change on how I view the world. If you're looking for a book that's full of optimism in humanity, I highly prescribe Patricia Adams Farmer's Embracing a Beautiful God.

Here's a quote from today's reading "Keep what is worth keeping... and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away" -Dinal Mulock Craik.

7 comments:

felicity said...

im liking every quote you're posting. i guess i have to look for a copy of that devotional too. or a hubby that will give me one too. hahha! biro lng.. =)

Din said...

lagay mo s wish list yung book..and ung hubby too. haha, jk.

felicity said...

ah unahin ko na ung hubby sa wish list. by priority dapat eh. hehehe!

PATRICIA ADAMS FARMER said...

I am so moved to see my book on your blog--really touched. And what a joy to see you on Fat Soul Fridays! I must follow your blog, too. What beautiful food--I must learn to cook someday.

Din said...

oh wow, thanks for visiting my site =) I really enjoyed The Metaphor Maker, Im ecstatic that there's more to read every friday! My husband introduced me to your books, he's very passionate about Process theology and so far Im liking it too.

I love your devotional book because it's not like the other ones that ive read, where the focus is on asking for stuff. and when their prayers are answered, then that defines what "good faith" is. Your book is definitely a breath of fresh air because the focus is different. It's less "asking" and more on simply appreciating our existence and how we can grow and keep a positive outlook in life.

PATRICIA ADAMS FARMER said...

Now is my turn to say "wow." It does a writer good to find intelligent young readers like you. Writing is a spiritual discipline for me and something I need to do; however, knowing others are gaining something positive from it--well, it's pure joy. Your comments return to me as gracious energy. So thank you. And, one more thing. I am so impressed with your writing on this blog--really lively and inspiring--that I can't help but ask: Would you consider writing an amazon review for The Metaphor Maker? I could use some more women's voices--and I like yours!

Din said...

I would love to :)