Thursday, April 08, 2010

Things I'm grateful for

76. Im twenty-something years old now! Im grateful to be alive.

77. Im grateful that everything got sorted out at work. I was allowed to take a week off from my current modified nursing job.  I get to see hubby again! yay!!! =)

78. My crazy sister- for the amusing birthday message left on my voicemail last night. You made me smile sis.

79. For the physical therapy that I'm getting right now. It alleviates my back pain considerably. Im learning new techniques for stretching and strengthening my core muscles.

80. Even though I got hurt at work, I'm still thankful that it wasn't anything drastic. I can function normally with only minimal limitations.

81. Growing up in a close-knit family. (Causes minor headaches occasionally)

82. LLUMC's N.O.D.A. program (No one dies alone). We rarely use this service in our unit but I do see them on other floors. It's a volunteer program for patients who are hospitalized nearing their end stage in life; patients who doesn't have any family/friends to comfort them and be present when they die. I could only imagine how frightening and desolate one would feel during this stage, that's why Im grateful for those volunteers who spends time knowing the patients and making them feel valued as a person.

83. For comfortable shoes. I enjoy walking/standing on my feet for hours at a time so I do appreciate comfy shoes.

84. My mom for being open and comfortable teaching us about puberty/sex-ed. (I think I was 9 yrs. old when my mom first started talking about it). I do appreciate my mom for making this awkward subject not overly dramatic and traumatizing. My friends got a dose of this "discussion" (during lazy afternoons hanging out at home)

85. Phlebotomists or nurses who can draw blood from my veins without causing any hematoma or unnecessary pain.

86. Portable heaters and warming blankets. Because it's always freezing at my parent's home. No matter how sunny it is outside, it ridiculously cold inside the house. And they never turn the heater on. never.

87. My 16th birthday surprise party back in the Philippines.

88. Game nights! My cousin, Allison, started this tradition. Cranium is our official game and we take this board game seriously. My favorite task is sculpturades =)

89. Asahi sushi in Riverside. Because they serve mouth-watering sushi rolls.

90. People who are always on time.

91. Having the freedom to choose who I want to marry and spend my life with

92. People who choose to donate their organs/tissues when they pass away. When you think about it, a part of your "life" goes on.

93. Recycle bins. I wish everyone would be proactive in recycling.

94. Disinfecting wipes. Because you never know what nastiness you can get from touching things.

95. Birthday greetings on facebook. haha! From close friends and family to random people... all the bday greetings made me smile.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

81 - aw, family love Claudine! (watch the "Forget-Me-Now" ep of Arrested Dev't., you'll get the reference).
84 - um, can you say traumatized? j/k.

Din said...

ok, will watch it today! haha.

84- you know mom, so yes..traumatized. haha.

felicity said...

can u do a separte post of you 16th surprise party? na-iintriga ako. hehehe!

Din said...

Haha. im pretty sure you were there..right? saturday afternoon after church, black out, boardgames. ill try to remember the rest of the details, maybe ill blog it. haha.

felicity said...

i think we we're there nga. we were thinking of kidnapping pa nga u for that surprise. hay i miss the fun times!